Thursday, November 12, 2009

Selling A Painting

Today I sold a painting. It was unexpected, because it has been years since I painted, so the confidence wasn’t there. So you could imagine to my great surprise when I was approached by someone who wanted to buy one of my paintings. Our conversation was around why I haven’t been showing and when is the next show? Well, getting into galleries in Seattle is very hard, since most if not all require you to have a MFA, which I don’t and if you are not represented by a agent, then you are worth it. So, I have like most self taught artist show our work in places like cafes, private parties, functions, etc. So, when our conversation was wrapping up it came down to "how much"
I find this part the hardest, because pricing something that is attached to my emotions is priceless. So, in most cases I let the buyer chose the price. I feel money is money and in this economy world its really what you can afford? Let's face it... I am not Picasso and I won’t really be Picasso until I die... who knows.. maybe I'll see my painting success when I am in spirit
.

No comments:

Post a Comment